Ritchie Bros. plans to hold a two-day auction of industrial equipment in Dubai later this month, marking the firm’s 20th anniversary of business in the UAE.
The world’s largest industrial auctioneer first held an auction in Dubai in 1997, and since then has held 72 auctions in the emirate, selling over 120,000 lots and registering more than 40,000 bidders.
Today’s auctions in Dubai are a lot different than those conducted twenty years ago, Eduard Faig, Regional Sales Manager at Ritchie Bros. said in a statement.
“At the first auctions in Dubai, bidders were seated in a huge tent and everyone joined in person as we didn’t have online bidding yet,” said Faig.
“Now we run our operation in a comfortable auction theater, with a full-service equipment yard and have a lot more to offer to our customers. Through the years more bidders from more countries outside the region found their way to our Dubai auctions, either in person or online, making it a powerful auction hub. Every year businesses from all over the Middle East, Asia and further away rely on us to sell and buy the equipment they need.”
Over the last two decades, more than 120,000 items have been sold at Ritchie Bros.’ auctions in Dubai.
The company’s next Dubai auction, on December 13-14 2016, will include more than 1,700 heavy equipment items and trucks. Bids in the two-day unreserved auction can be made in person at the auction site, online at rbauction.com and by proxy.
Equipment highlights include:
• 60+ cranes, including a 2014 Sany SAC2200F 220-ton 10x8x10 all-terrain crane
• 70+ excavators, including a 2011 Caterpillar 336DLN hydraulic excavator
• 75+ compactors, including 10 unused 2016 Dynapac CA255 vibratory rollers
• 15+ bulldozers, including two 2013 Caterpillar D6T bulldozers
• 170+ generator sets, including four unused 2013 Caterpillar 500 KVA skid-mounted gen sets