French powered access specialist Haulotte saw a 25% rise in sales in the third quarter of this year compared to the same period last year, according to figures revealed by the company. The Haulotte Group’s consolidated sales were €128.5m in the third quarter while cumulative sales amounted to €413.9m, against €363m at the end of September 2017, an increase of 14% between the two periods.
The European area continued the trend of previous quarters and posted a 21% increase in sales, driven by strong demand in most markets from major rental companies. Sales grew by 13% in the Asia-Pacific region, driven by China, while in Latin American the market, excluding Argentina, continued its recovery seen in 2017, leading to sales increasing 11%. North American cumulative sales went up 9% owing mainly to the fast-growth of the aerial platforms business, which expanded by 20%.
Haulotte said its equipment sales increased by 17% to €364.8m while its services business grew by 2% to €36.8m. The rental business, meanwhile, fell by 14% to €12.3m.
Haulotte also announced an expansion this month, taking a 100% stake in the Turkish MEWP distributor Acarlar Makine, in which it already held a 50% stake.
Haulotte Group forecast revenue growth above 10% and said it plans to maintain its current operating income.