The focus for Volvo CE at Bauma this year is future technologies, including electric machines, and new launches and updates of excavators, haulers and other kit.
Volvo CE will be joined at Bauma 2019 by sister companies Volvo Penta, Volvo Trucks and Volvo Financial Services. Under the theme ‘Building Tomorrow’, Volvo’s 2,293sqm indoor stand in Hall C6 and 5,870sqm outdoor stand at FM714 will have interactive performances featuring the company’s complete product and service portfolio.
Bauma 2019 is the first major industry event since Volvo’s recent announcement of going electric on its compact excavators and compact wheel loaders in 2020, making it the first equipment manufacturer to commit to an electric future for its compact machine range. The first two hydraulic-electric machines will be unveiled at Bauma, followed by a staged market-by-market introduction and ramp-up in 2020.
Excavators will also star on the Swedish heavyweight’s display, continuing the company’s worldwide ‘Excavators For Any Challenge’ campaign. New excavators launched at the show will include the all-important 20t EC200E and the EC15-EC20E compact excavators. There will also be the new EC750E high-reach demolition excavator, the EC300E Hybrid hydraulic-hybrid excavator and an EC220E that features Volvo Active Control automated boom and bucket movements for more efficient digging.
In all, there will be 50 machines on Volvo’s two stands, grouped into sub-themes of ‘load’, ‘dig’, ‘haul’, ‘pave’ and ‘service’. There will also be an Innovation Area – while the exact details are still under wraps, automation, connectivity and electromobility are expected to be in the spotlight.
MECN is collaborating with Construction Machinery News Middle East magazine to cover Bauma 2019. Look out for our special hot list of equipment as part of our special coverage of the event.
- Case Construction Equipment – a new combined steering system for Case graders – an industry first
- The future is now at Volvo CE’s stand
- Electrifying new launch for Bobcat at Bauma
- A focus on zero-emissions for Wacker Neuson
- Bauma Preview – Cranes
- Powered access equipment
- Minis take centre stage at HCME
- Paving the way forward with Wirtgen
- The digitisation of the industry
- New introductions galore from Caterpillar
- Construction gets cleaner with Scania
- MB-HDS simplifies job-site materials processing d suitable for excavators and loaders up to 35t, says MB Crusher